Saturday, October 06, 2007

Five Lame Things about me that I am secretly proud of

I saw this meme on some other blogs and thought it sounded like something I could do.

(1) I am, in the immortal words of Lydia, a guilt junkie, meaning that I am occasionally immobilized by my need to go and feel bad about myself for a while. I feel that there is something quintessentially mennonite about this.

(2) I have very pale skin that looks all veiny and gross in places, but I wouldn't think of getting a tan, even if my skin were capable of it. This is maybe not only lame but also racist? I'm rocking it Elizabethan style! I figure I will be justified when I am hideous and old but only marginally wrinkly.

(3)I cut myself a lot when using knives. Beats me why I'm proud of this...

(4)I am very good at filing. I can file like a son of a gun. Seriously, you should see me.

(5)The upper third or so of my vocal range, which is roughly the D in the middle of the treble clef and about 6 tones above that, has essentially no dynamic variation. When I sing high notes I sing them in one way and one way only: Very. Very. Loud. My soprano range has a sort of honky quality, which seems appropriate given Item 2.

Okay, if you have read this, do your own. And then tell me!

2 Comments:

At 9:20 a.m., Blogger miss machismo said...

You know, I think the Catholics were there before you on the guilt thing. By several centuries...

 
At 9:40 a.m., Blogger annika fox said...

yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. Mennos are old enough now that we can also claim guilt, says I. It's just one of the similarities between us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home