Sunday, March 25, 2007

lydia, I hope the structure of this email fills you with a sense of wellbeing.

The loveliness of cherry blossoms has finally been accompanied by the sight of our yellow friend, the sun, here in Vancouver. I approve.

Also, dang, that story of the Lost Son, which Eric is campaigning to rename the Parable of the Prodigal Father, sure is moving. I have heard it goodness knows how many times but still it can make my nose prickle in church.

Has everybody seen missmachismo in her headscarves? She seems to be under the impression that having her hair hidden makes her look haggard and old, which should be a lesson to us all about how much we can trust her judgement.


Today's question: Spork or Foon?

7 Comments:

At 4:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spork wins, although I personally think Foon has a much more appealing audible quality to it...

 
At 7:06 p.m., Blogger annika fox said...

haha! You have just made me waste quite a lot of time, Johan! But I disagree with you entirely about the auditory qualities of spork vs. foon. I love sibilants and aspirants! ssssppppporrrrkkkkkhhkhk!

 
At 11:33 p.m., Blogger miss machismo said...

Foon! Foon!

 
At 3:59 a.m., Blogger Elizabette Langdon said...

Definitely the SPORK!

 
At 11:17 a.m., Blogger Francesca said...

Sorry, missmachismo. My vote is in for SPORK!! This is not to say, however, that I do not use foons on a regular basis.

 
At 4:38 p.m., Blogger bento said...

Spork may have gained the adoration of the masses, but foon retains a certain underdog charm to it. It's hard to choose.

And yes, this post did fill me with a sense of wellbeing, even if I was very late in reading it due to various travelling-type engagements. thanks!

 
At 12:38 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I'm gonna throw a cat amongst the pigeons by offering this: In Australia we have the Splade! Spoon and blade edge all in one with tiny fork like prongs. I presume that the Fork lobbyists and special interest groups are a much weaker force in Australian political life than here in Canada. I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home