Monday, June 01, 2009

sundry photos

Dinner tonight: potato salad (with our own parsley!), and Ben's special recipe of fried cabbage, apple, and in this case, back bacon, though it is also delicious with smoked tofu.  Flavoured with grainy mustard.  Limes were not consumed for dinner: they are for lime-poppyseed cupcakes on Wednesday.  I love these plates!  Green stuff looks so good on sea-blue plates.  Sadly every few months I break one of the sea-blue dishes.  I am a force of destruction :(

A present for a dear and wonderful person.   It's a journal cover made from recycled leather and I hope if she ever goes on pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela, she takes it along.  Aren't limes great!?

I have a major sugar addiction, which I fed the other night with these Brazilian candies made from condensed milk, cocoa, a bit of butter, and nuts (I used seeds, naturally, since I prefer my husband alive).   They are dead easy!  They are like the Rice Krispy Square of Brazil!  


2 Comments:

At 2:23 p.m., Blogger Kathryn L said...

Dear Buddha WOMAN! Those Rice Krispy Squares ala Brazil look fantastic!! Seriously consider starting a side business of fantasmagorical pastry/delectable things... I will pay for the overnight express postaging of said delectable things. Kapiche? mkay.

 
At 7:13 a.m., Blogger annika fox said...

haha, they don't actually have Rice Krispies in them or anything. They are just easy, cheap, and delicious! No candy thermometer or anything! I dunno about pastry; I'm hardly an expert at that! But certainly I will continue to be an amateur baker. And I think the brigadeiros will ship well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home